Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Boulder Cave

At the end of July we went to Boulder Cave with Cameron's brother's family and some other friends. It is located about an hour and half away on the east side of Chinook Pass. The hike to get to the cave is about a 2 mile hike round trip and the girls did it pretty easily.
 Both my girls are in love with their cousin Zakry, Cassidy wanted to hold his hand half the hike and he was such a good sport and let her.



When you get to where the cave is there is a waterfall too. To get to the waterfall you have to climb over a bunch of rocks and fallen trees. It's a little tricky to get there because the rocks are slippery and there is a stream running right where you need to go, but it's doable and when you get to it's nice and cool and beautiful! This is a picture of part of the rocks and trees you have to climb over and through to get to the waterfall.



This is looking out of the cave the waterfall is in. It was absolutly beautiful there!

This is the beginning of Boulder Cave. You actually walk all the way through it. Before I walked in I read a thing about the bats that apparently live in there and when I walked into the cave I freaked out and walked right back out, haha. Cameron made me go back in and walk through. It was really cool and as long as I didn't think about the bats and the confined space I was in I was fine ;)

If you look closely at the middle of the picture you can see my sister-in-law and nephews, that's about half way through the cave.

Yay, we made it out the other side!

The girls were completely worn out (yay!) and slept the whole way home :) We definently want to go back some day. There is a nice campground a few miles up the road from the cave we want to go back to.

No comments: