Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Faux Chenille Blanket

This is one of my most recent projects, a faux chenille baby blanket. It is SOOOO soft. I touch it every chance I get :) I used this awesome tutorial. It is a very simple blanket/quilt to make, you just put four or five layers of fabric together then sew diagnal lines 1/2 inch apart across the whole thing then cut between all the lines, bind and wash. So pretty simple but it takes FOREVER. It took me 5 hours to sew all the lines 3 1/2 to cut between all the lines then the time to bind. BUT it is SO worth the end result and I am sure I will be makign lots for of these because I love them. I used three layers of flannel for my back like this lady did. I also used satin binding and am so glad I did, it added so much to the quilt.


I will be sending this one off this week..or next...to a friend expecting a sweet little girl any day now and I won't lie, I'm very sad to part with this one, it's just SO SOFT! At least I know what I will be making when I have another baby :)

No comments: