Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthday Girl!!

I cannot believe that my little girl is one! It really seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital. Time sure does fly! She has developed quite the personality and an opinion :) Cameron and I can't believe we were blessed with such a wonderful little girl. We love her so much and can't imagine our lives without her!
This is the giant cupcake cake I made. I'm not very good at frosting or making the sprinkles look very good, but i'm sure I'll get better with time :)
Evelyn trying to figure out what this thing is that I put in front of her. She didn't want to eat any of it.
Her cousin Jakob was so nice and read her new book to her. She got lots of great presents, thanks everyone!
I think her favorite present was the toy phone she got.

5 comments:

Amy said...

happy birthday! I love the tutu sans shirt. :)

That cupcake LOOKS huge, how big was it really? is it on a small plate or a big plate? It's HUGE!

Julie said...

I love the cupcake! Was that a pan or did you use a special bowl or something? That was awesome!

Laura McGee said...

that is such a cute cake! :) seriously one already?? when did this happen! holy cow!! :) The first year is wonderful because they change so much so quickly, but just watch close in the next few months.. its so neat to watch them realize the little things around them and talk more and their movement becomes less robotic :)

Jamie said...

It's a cake pan you can buy, it takes about 1 1/2 cake mixes to make it, so it's pretty big and it tasted so yummy :)

Ruth said...

I can't believe she's 1!!! I remember when she was a tiny newborn! We miss you guys! And her cake looks fab! I love it!