Sunday, March 9, 2008

out with the old in with the new(er)

A few weeks ago I was making cookies and everything was going just fine. I turned on the oven to pre-heat, I put the cookies in, I took them out. Right after I took them out I heard this sizzling noise and then a little pop and then I saw smoke coming out of the knob and buttons on the right of our stove. Yeah, THAT is not normal. We called our landlord and told him what happened and he said he'd talk to the owner and see if he couldn't get us a new stove. As you can see from the picture below that it was a very old stove.
So here's our new stove! It's not brand new, but it's a whole lot newer and I don't think it was used very much. Our old stove always looked dirty now matter how many times I washed it down, and this one is so pretty and clean! Yay for a new stove!